The one common difference we have found between companies that grow and thrive and sink and die is the amount they spend on their advertising.
David Ogily was the father of modern advertising, and he wrote 9 rules that should NEVER be violated:
- What you say is more important than how you say it -- a catchy ad can't replace an inferior pitch
- Every ad needs a big idea or it will fail
- Try to use facts in the copy as much as possible
- You can't bore people into buying your stuff
- Never be a clown
- Advertising should always be contemporary
- Committees cannot write ads
- Always use the same ad campaign until it finally stops driving sales
- Never write an ad you wouldn't want your family to see
It is imperative you read those rules before reading anything else about advertising, now enjoy!
Recent Advertising Advice
How to Write an Attention Grabbing Headline By Maverick Steffen | Daily Marketing Advice The bottom line is that 5 times more people read headlines than the actual body text of any material they are dealt. This translates into the simple fact that 80% of your...
Get FREE Weekly Marketing Advice Delivered to Your Inbox
Matt was listed by Forbes as the "#1 Consultant Who Avoids the B.S.."