How to Write an Attention Grabbing Headline
The bottom line is that 5 times more people read headlines than the actual body text of any material they are dealt.
This translates into the simple fact that 80% of your marketing dollar is being spent on your headline. I know people like to be different, eccentric, progressive and pragmatic; however, headlines have been scientifically proven to be the most important section of any marketing material. Basically the headline is what tells the reader whether or not this piece of seemingly strange nonsense is worth their time.
Now that you see the significance of headlines in marketing, let's go through how to create the perfect advertising headline:
- The duty of your headline is to first and foremost grab the reader's attention.
- Your headline must encourage the reader to act quickly. I'm a huge opponent of cliches such as "limited time only," however your headline should be generating enthusiasm in the reader.
- The headline needs to be adding value to your customer's life. If not, than why would they bother?
Here is Imprinsic's word bank that we frequently visit for headline ideas:
- How To
- Just Arrived
- At Last
Here are a few examples:
- 5 Foods To Never Eat Before Going To Bed
- Make $50 Every Time You Go On Ebay
- 3 Easy Ways To Meet Rich Men
- At Last, Free Drum Sticks
If you would like a little help generating a good marketing headline, go to Free Headline Wizard and follow the instructions. They will give you a number of good suggestions, and you can always go back and refine your data for better results. Is this cheating? I say no more than buying your sweetie a Hallmark card instead of writing one for yourself.
NEED MORE CUSTOMERS?
At The Marketing Agency, we masterfully design a personalized marketing system that's guaranteed to bring new customers to your business.
WANT MORE ADVICE LIKE THIS EVERY SINGLE WEEK?